Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 41 - Rome, 9/21/2015

Well family!! Hello :)
This week was pretty rad. Let me tell you about a new/old investigator
that we found this week.
So when sorella cano and I first got here we met this woman who was an
old contact of the sisters and we called her and taught her the plan
of salvation and gave her a Book of Mormon and she was golden.
Literally just loved everything we said and clutched the Book of
Mormon like it was truly heaven sent... And then... We didn't hear
from her for 3 months because she started working in a home for an old
woman and wasn't allowed to leave. So literally we tried calling and
she never answered... Then about 2 weeks ago I was messing around with
the phone and I was like we should try calling her... So I just on a
spiritual whim called her and she answered!!! And said she could meet
with Us next week! And we were like oh my gosh crazy. So then we meet
with her, and she told us that in the house she was working she never
got reception, only if she was standing out on the balcony she could
receive calls and when I called she happened to be standing outside so
she got the call!! Miracle. So then we start talking to her and I have
to recount a little of her history with the missionaries. So she is
from Paraguay, and there her sister is a member. She was a single mom
of a brand new baby and she needed money so the elders there paid her
to wash their shirts and to clean, and then they also would buy the
baby milk for her son which was to expensive for her to afford. She
she has all of these amazing interactions with Mormons and so we start
explaining the restoration and she tells us I am searching for the
truth like Joseph smith and that's why I like the Mormons because
everything that comes from them has always been truth. So then we
finish and we invite her to be baptized and she gets tears in her eyes
and she says yes! And we set a baptismal date with her and she
accepted!! And then after she was even like okay so now what do I have
to do to be ready for the date... And she just is such a miracle!!!!
We are hoping she can find new work that will allow her to continue to
meet with us. Annddddd she has a friend who she wants to introduce us
to who also wants to become Mormon!! Super awesome.
Other than that something really cool was we had an activity in church
on Saturday and it was a cultural night for italy! So they danced the
tarantella and we all ate like the classic homemade Italian food and
it was so fun! It was really neat to see the members so excited about
Italy haha they sang the national anthem and everything.
Anyways yup! I have a stomach bug... Spent all day yesterday and last
night throwing up... "One flu away from my goal weight" :) haha okay
talk to you soon!!

Sorella Kennedy 🇮🇹

REGARDING AN EXCHANGE SHE WENT ON:
That's pretty much how I feel. It was really neat for me to get
to go on the exchange. S
o many neat things happened. 
The other girl was super timid and such....
But I was feeling super bold and so we talked to a lot of people
and got some numbers and gave out 3 book of Mormons. And then we had
this lesson with an investigator of theirs and I just felt very led by
the Lord like I could feel the Lord telling me what to say and how to
say it and everything and he listened to me and then afterwards she
said to me, wow, thank you for all you did for him, he never listens
and just is all over the place but you brought the spirit and helped
him a lot, can you come back every week?? Haha and then she was like I
really needed to see all the miracles we saw. And I was just so happy
I felt like "oh hey I do know what I'm doing!! Would you look at that
haha" 


love,

Sorella Kennedy 🇮🇹





No comments: