Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Monday, October 19, 2015

Week 43 - Rome, 10/5/2015

Well hey!!
So this week... First week of transfers! Sorella reber has arrived and
Sorella cano has gone. I was sad to see Sorella cano go. I really do
care about her a lot. And she was so cute, she was so sad to leave me.
That was super neat and happy for me to hear. I felt like that was
part of my mission here in Rome over these last few months. Sorella
reber is awesome. She's really sweet. It's going to be a really good transfer I think. We had some really neat finding experiences already and Sorella reber just has
this way of finding people that want to talk to us haha so that's
awesome. She told me that I speak amazing Italian and that all of my
diligence has paid off in everything I do so that was cool.
The story of the week is that we were attacked by hard core Anti-mormon... Okay okay
let me explain. So we went to meet with this guy that had dropped us a
couple of transfers ago because he said we had solved his problem and
he didn't need God anymore. But then he called us and wanted to meet
so we said okay. So we go in and we start talking and we start in on
the spiritual thought and he stops us and is like I have something to
say, and we're like okay. And then he begins to tell us that he did his
research on then Mormons and found a 41 minute documentary on YouTube
about the Mormons and how all the leaders of the church are corrupt
and how Joseph smith was a terrible person. So he tells us I called
you here today so that you could come here today and uncover the truth
about what and who the Mormons are. And I know it will be hard for you
but you deserve to know the truth. And I've always listened to your
messages and now it's your turn to listen to me. And we were just
like... Are you serious right now?? So I'm sitting there and I'm just
getting angrier and angrier, cuz you know the feisty side of me is
coming out.. So then we bare
testimony of the reality that we know the church is real and how we
probably have already heard everything in the document before and that
we cannot watch the movie especially as missionaries, but that we know
the church is true and that the doctrine brings us the most happiness
in this life. And he's like ha!! I knew it, I knew you would say all
of this, you are confirming the documentary because it told me that
you would say exactly that if I tried to show it to you, you've been
brainwashed by your leaders!! Yada Yada... And so then he tells us
this and I'm just like oh my gosh. So then we just bare testimony
again about how we could not have come here with a single doubt that
what we have to say is true. We invite people to learn for themselves
to ask directly to God, not to the Internet or to other men, whether or
not the things we say are true. He was a little flustered because I
think that the meeting clearly went in a different direction then he
had anticipated... but then we go to close with a prayer and he
jumps up and is like I'll say it. In my head I was like oh boy.... So
he starts in like praying to a saint and to Christ and says please
help the sisters to uncover the error of their ways, please bless them
to one day realize the reality of what they are doing, and that their
eyes may be opened to the truth.... Ya. It was quite a prayer. So then
we left it at that. Now in the end, let me tell you, that I know that
this church is true. And people can say that "oh this and this happened"
and you know maybe it did or maybe we can't understand what happened
at the time, but I will tell you that I know this church is true
because of the fruits I see from it. The spirit that comes into your
life from the Book of Mormon, the priesthood has been restored on the
earth, or the happiness that the knowledge that you're a child of God
that he loves you and wants you to be happy, or that the family can be
together forever! Those are the doctrines that this church is made up
of that are good and true and correct. Idk overall it was a super
interesting experience. I felt bad for him in the end.
Anyways, conference was awesome!!! I loved Elder Nelsons talk about
being bold women! It was so good. I felt like it wasn't just another
we need women who serve.. Who take care.. Same old same old. But it
was like "we need you to speak up and speak out."  "Be bold and say the
impressions of your heart. Tell the world what you think because the
world needs it." It was just really good. Also anziano Hollands talk.
To compare mothers to the role of the Savior is the highest compliment
that can be given. It was really amazing.
Today we had to go to the doctor for my back. It's killing me. I don't
know what happened. We went to the chiropractor and it helped a little
but now I'm in tons of pain again.
Anyways I love you so so much!!!

Sorella Kennedy 🇮🇹

No comments: