Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Week 37 - Rome, 8/24/2015

Sooo this week.... Well nothing to crazy happened investigator wise...
Well okay some things did.
So first we got this new investigator who Sorella Cano met on the bus
during an exchange, and he called us that night and says I
couldn't go to sleep until I called you guys. I need to know what this
message is about. So we met with him and introduced the church a
little and we found out his dad was Mormon and used to take him to
church while he was little, like 8 or 9, but he has no idea if he's
baptized or not... So we'll be working on that haha.
We had a lot of people cancel on us or not show up this week... So
that was less exciting but we still had a pretty good week.
Okay then we found this other new investigator and oh my gosh... He is
really interesting. I say interesting because well A) He has one of
the hardest life stories I've ever heard. Like honestly it's nuts,
like I can't believe I actually met someone who has such a crazy
story. And then B) While we were teaching him I can't explain the
feeling really but there was just this overwhelming feeling from the
spirit like, "he needs the gospel and you were supposed to find him." 

I've met people that have had interest before and I'm excited and
it's cool but I've never felt so strongly that someone needed the
gospel like they needed food.  I just felt this screaming urge in
my soul like this man has been thirsting all his life and you have the
opportunity to quench it. It was a super beautiful experience. He has
a lot of work to go... Just because he doesn't have a relationship
with God at all. But he told us that he's been searching and he has a
list of church he's investigated and never found anything and so we
told him, that if he did all the things we asked he would find an
answer, and he said okay he would try. I'm a little nervous just
because I think I might die of heartbreak if he becomes like so many
other wonderful people I've known here who are interested, want to
learn more, and then disappear, don't answer anymore, get the flu for
a month, or decide they don't need God. But I'm praying hard that this
doesn't happen.
In other news, almost all the people we are teaching right now are
From South America. So basically all of our lessons are like in half
Italian and half Spanish... And sooo this has been very interesting as
I have never studied a lick of Spanish in my whole life haha. But you
know... Haha you just laugh it off and if I concentrate really hard I
can usually follow what's happening. It's pretty cool, because I can
totally see the gift of interpretations working in that sense.
The lord helps me so so so much!!!!
In other other news, something cool that I realized this week was how
my perspective of the mission has changed. In the sense that when I
came out I knew I came out because the Lord had need of me and asked
me to be here so I did it, and like I love the gospel and all that
stuff and so you think to yourself....okay I can share it with people. But now when I
think about why I'm here and why I get up every day, it's not just
because the Lord wants me here, but because I have this desire, this
need, to tell people about what we have and to bare testimony of what
I know. I mean like I stop people on the bus and in the streets to
tell them about the gospel because I feel like I have this gift, this
key to happiness they can't even imagine and I want to tell them. It's incredible  - this fire of sharing your testimony that starts when you do it. Even if nobody listens it's like okay whatever, but to tell
people, we have a message about Jesus Christ, about the family, about
something that literally could change your life and has changed my
life and my families' and my friends', like idk that's why I'm here.
Even if no one listens, my testimony has been so fortified in the
sense that I tell people these things because I feel them in my soul.
I know that this gospel is true, I know that Jesus is my savior and
that he loves all of us, and I know that the message that we have of
the restoration is the only message with all of the truth people are
looking for here on the earth today. It's great to be a missionary.
Well I love you guys tons!!
















No comments: