Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Monday, August 17, 2015

Week 35 - Rome, 8/10/2015

Hello Folks!! Well this week was pretty insane. It was probably my busiest week in the mission so far and it was incredible. It's been super fun to be in the trio too. We laugh and have a really good time together, which is really happy because I won't lie I was a little nervous about being in 3... But there was no need to fear :) 
Okay so a really weird thing that happened.. So we have this other woman that we are teaching... She's like a little quirky but you know "va bene." However she went from quirky to seriously bizarre this week. So it was too hot for her to come to the church, because she's older and literally it's been so hot, people over the age of 50/60 need to stay inside, so we told her we'd go to her house. So we trek out to her house which is like super far away and she picks us up and she's got like no bra on, (her shirt was also like kind of see through) and she's like I'm sorry it's to hot to wear a bra, I'm just so restricted, and were like uhh okay makes sense... But anyway So we then go into her house and we are like okay, so we are sort teaching the plan of salvation and in the middle of it, I literally have no idea how she got on this tangent, she starts talking about how she used to be part of some very controversial political groups andddd then she says, human flesh tastes really good, it's very sweet. And now I'm quoting here "sorella cano, I want to eat you. We could eat your thigh." Then she turns to me and says, sorella Kennedy, your thin you could eat her other thigh. And she was DEAD SERIOUS. It was the weirdest, slightly disturbing, most bizarrely hilarious thing ever. Clearly we will not be doing lessons at her house anymore... She's going to need to come out to the church where there are more people as witnesses, to make sure we don't not get cooked. Hahahahahaha okay on a more serious note. 
WE HAVE A BAPTISMAL DATE!!!!! The man we found on our phone! So we had our second lesson and he comes in and is like I know that I will be baptized in this church. And we hadn't even taught anything yet. We just were like mouths open... Well okay. So then we taught him the plan of salvation and the whole time he was paying so much attention and was asking us all of these questions and ugh it was so awesome. And then we invited him to be baptized and he said yes!!!! The first week of September! :) and then he told us about how we have a lot of work to do with him because he has a lot of questions, and before he does something he likes to be in 100%, so he really wants to understand and know before. And then he told us about how he had researched the church on the Internet and he said, you know I know that there are people out there that will say terrible untrue things about you because that is how the world works and because you are good people. So don't worry because I don't believe and I won't read those things. Then he told us he went to Mormon.org and chatted with the missionaries online there too and he said to us, everywhere I go all the information is the same. I really like that. Ahhhh. It was soo so so awesome. Then he came to our pancake dinner that we had on Saturday and when we called him the next night he told us that he had really been touched by the spirit and everything that was there. Eeeeek :) it was so so so awesome. 

So yup that's the week!! 
Love you!



































No comments: