Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 28 - Rome, June 22, 2015

Well hello. Here are the highlights/thoughts of the week:
1. We found a new simpatizzante. She is awesome!! She was a contact of the old sorelle and we finally got a chance to meet with her. We went and taught her the plan of salvation because she recently lost her mother and afterwards she was just in awe and loved every bit of it. And then we gave her a copy of the Book of Mormon and she clutched it to her chest like it was a gift directly from God. It was so cool to see someone just hold a Book of Mormon like it was something precious. We called her later this week and asked her if she had read any of it and she said that she had and it was a little confusing but it was like opening a box of information and having things finally come together. WOWOWOW. That was basically the most beautiful thing I had heard in a while.  2. We got to talk to this really cool member in our branch who's like 90 years old. She's so awesome. We went to visit her and she went and got her handbag and pulled out her and her husbands missionary name tags that she had wrapped in handkerchiefs so they would be safe. She has been a member for 40 years and then she pulled out all these pictures of her husband and her at the temple and Of her husband making pastries for president hinckley :) it was just so cute and awesome to see someone who loves the gospel and is so strong. We had had a rough day that day so it really lifted my spirits. 3. Biggest miracle moment of the week. We were riding on the metro and sorella cano was teaching me how to sing how firm a foundation in Italian. There was this woman who was watching us and smiling and so I asked her how her day was and we started talking. Then we started talking more about what we do and about faith and all that good stuff and then she was just like I know I was supposed to meet you. There is a light in your eyes. You just have a light about you. And then she was reading our name tags and she stopped and just repeated of Latter Day Saints... And she got goosebumps and her eyes welled with tears and she said this is an answer to my prayers. I have felt this calling to become a saint but I didn't understand how or what that meant. This is what I have been searching for. And then we exchanged numbers and we're hoping to see her next week but it seriously was the most incredible thing. I was just boggled. What a blessing from the lord seriously.  So this week I think the thing that really hit me was how important it is to listen to the spirit and how much God is aware of us. There are so many times when we just had small thoughts enter into our minds of where to go and where to be and we met people and went to places that we would not have known had we not willing to just go. But also it was incredible because the lord knew where those people were  and where we are and it's just so amazing to recognize how close God and Christ is entwined and aware of the work. It really his work and we're just instruments for him!!

A humungous Gelato I ate:)!!


A friend from Battipaglia!

Group trip to Colleseum on Pday!

Last Photo with my first Companion - Sorella Argyle

Dear friends from Battipaglia!




Sent from my iPad

No comments: