Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 26 - Rome, 6/8/2015

Hello!!! WHAT'S UP?? Well this week was pretty awesome!! We saw some really cool miracles! Okay first let me give you some down low on our area. So our area is the metro A line from Termini(which is like the main station in Rome where the trains come in and where you switch lines) all the way to the last stop Batistini. This includes a lot of famous things such as the Colessuem, the Trevi fountain, Piazza Del Populo, the Vatican, and other such things. It is pretty incredible. Last week for p-day we literally just like walked around that area in Rome and it was just so beautiful and so cool. It's super interesting because you would think with so many people visiting everywhere that it would feel like New York City or something with lots of hustle and bustle. But in reality it is full of people but maintains this tranquillity or sense of idk something different. Walking around downtown Rome you can really sense that there is some magic in the air. The more time I spend in Italy the more I see and feel Frau (hailey's grandma who passed away) here. Especially being here in Rome I couldn't tell you exactly what it is but there really is an energy here that is similar to her. And the more I talk to Italian people, especially ones that are relatively normal....The more I see how much Italian papa has in him. I wish that papa could speak Italian because I think he would really enjoy talking to the people here. He really is a true Italian at heart with his mannerisms, his thinking, and his gentileness and behaviors towards others. Well we had some cool moments this week. First we got to English course and there was a girl there who had asked for a copy of the Book of Mormon, so we gave an impromptu lesson about that and then later in the week we gave a spiritual thought from Moroni 7:40-48 where it talks about hope and she asked afterwards for the page number so that she could read it again at home, so that was super sick. We went up to a zone conference and when we came home......oh boy did we see some miracles. We had a lesson planned with this man and so we met him for the first time because it had been a while since the other sisters met with him and he came in with the plan of salvation pamphlet and recited the whole plan of salvation to us by memory. Then we talked abou the importance of prayer and coming to church and then we invited him to be baptized a month from now and he said YES. We literally have a real live baptism date!!! Then after the lesson he prayed and thanked God for his church, the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints... Annndddd he came to church on Sunday! So that was seriously the craziest cool thing ever.  Then on our way home from that lesson we were talking and we met this man on the bus who was like "are you from the church of Jesus Christ of latter dat saints?" And we were like  "ya". And he was like "where is the branch here I am new here and I was friends with the missionaries and they gave me a Book of Mormon and I was reading it".... And I was like "wait have you been baptized?" And he was like  "no... I had to move here two days before I was supposed to be baptized in my other country." And we were like ahhh!! He didn't have a phone here yet so we gave him our number and pray that he calls us one day.  Then we have this other investigator who is like this 80 year old man and he's like so cute and funny. And something really neat that I just love about being a missionary and I really noticed it when we taught him this week is that the Lord helps us feel the love that he has for others. It's incredible. I was just looking at him and felt this overwhelming sense of love for him and I just knew that Heavenly Father knows him and loves him specifically. It's incredible to be a part of a gospel where you can really find out that you have a father in heaven who knows you and loves you personally. 
Well those are the highlights :) 

Sent from my iPad

No comments: