Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 25 -Rome, 6/1/2015

Well this week was pretty stinking nuts.... I must say. 
First I had to say goodbye to everyone and their mom in Battipaglia. It was the busiest we had been in a while... we literally ran everywhere. But the beautiful news is that I got to see everyone I wanted. I was really happy about that. Okay so then we packed up all my stuff and we literally RAN from our house.. which is 30 minutes away from the station to the station, while our friend Stefano brought all my stuff in his car.. we of course went out of Battipaglia by the skin of our teeth.. haha. 
Then i had to say goodbye to Sorella Argyle at the train station... it was terrible. In fact... i cried. I seriously am going to be her friend FOREVER. I want you guys to meet her soooo bad. Ugh. Shes so awesome. Then we got to Termini.. which is the big metro/train station in Rome. So we arrived with all my stuff and Sorella Cano came and picked me up. Then we had to drag all of my suitcases to my new house which is an hour and a half away from Termini via metro and bus. Okay so here in Rome 1 there are 4 Sorelle. So we live in a house of 4. I basically got blown in again because okay --  so there were two companionships. One of them got blown out and so then the other companionship split and they both got new companions. So Sorella Cano and I got put to the work of the Sorelle that got blown out. So we don't really know a lot of people.. well okay I know NOONE and Sorella Cano knows only a little bit about some people. So that's hard. 
Well okay let me tell you about Sorella Cano... Sorella Cano is from Columbia but has lived in Milan for 18 years.. so she is basically Italian. She does not speak basically any english.. so thats interesting. I have to speak Italian ALL THE TIME. However it is really going to improve my itlaian so that will be cool. She told me i speak well for only being here for 6 months which made me so happy because I was terrified that I was just going to drive her crazy with my italian because she has basically only had companions that speak Italian as their native language or they are super old in the mission so they speak well. Okay so Sunday I met the ward (yes that is correct I said ward) before I was in a branch of like 25 includingus (ward members) and now I am in a ward of like 80 with a real chapel building and everything. Its NUTS. I was like oh my gosh... what do i do.. haha but the people seem nice and i am excited to know them. I don't know why but i really feel like part of the reason i am here is to friend the ward. One woman told me i sounded like i was Italian... i was like your joking.. maybe you thought i was Sorella Cano... haha but it was still cool all the same. 
I think that this area is going to wear me out. Rome is a tiring city physically because it is so big. I also think more than anything, mentally im going to be exhausted. Speaking in Italian all the time is really tiring. So that will be an adventure. But i must say that Rome is BEAUTIFUL and so different than Battipaglia. I am so excited to bring you guys to come and see it. I can't wait to walk around as a tourist.. haha not as a missionary. Fun fact... we are gettting Ipads this week!!!! So next week i will be emailing you from an Ipad!!! How sick is that!!  Also spiritual story for you. We had been praying to find a family to teach because we want more simps, so we prayed and prayed and then went out to do finding. So we went out and walked  around this park for about an hour and nobody really was super interested or didn't want to see us again. So we finally talked to this woman and she was SO excited. Literally, there are not people like that in Battipaglia. So she said we could come over and do a family home evening with her 2 sons. AHH. I am super excited about that. 
LOVE YOU

No comments: