Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, June 11, 2015

Week 24 - Battipaglia, 5/25/201

Well to go out with a bang this week I though I'd catch the stomach flu from Sorella Argyle... so we did not get to do as much work as we would have liked. We were stuck in the house for 4 days while I puked everything inside out. However we had some really neat experiences. We were helping a less active, and so she had taken us out to Eboli with her while she was fixing her car. So we were in this back alley mechanic shop road with fields all around and we were just talking about our time here in Battipaglia and wondering about the people we have talked to here. Then sorella Argyle yells look, its Zeezrom. (okay side story: we met this man on a train probably 2 months ago who was a lawyer and did not believe in God but was friendly and ended up talking to us for a while about the church and about God. he gave sorella Argyle his business card. we nicknamed him Zeezrom but obviously thats not his real name.) Okay so he comes just randomly strolling down this street and looks at us and double takes and gets the biggest smile on his face and says Ciao Ciao!!! and shakes our hands super vigorously and we were like do you remember us? and he was like Come No? Come No? and was just smiling and then he told his lived at the end of this street and that he would love for us to come visit some time and then just said he was so happy he saw us and kept walking down the street. Sorella Argyle and I were just baffled. Seriously. What are the chances that we would meet this man... who we haven't seen in 2 months... on the side streets of Eboli on this random morning. I'll tell you there was no chance about it. It was really really cool. 
Then we got transfer calls... I will write you a dissertation via letter of my feelings and like what happened person to person while I left but lets just say that I love the people here and turns out... they love me too. :) Sorella argyle told me i was the sunshine of Battipaglia and that I have a way of making anyone feel important and loved. That was pretty neat. Some cool news is that letters to and from will be much more regular and reliable in Rome so I can send you a letter every week with much more info than these emails haha. This morning we went to Gerardos house in the mmoutnains of Italy! Itwas incredible! Here is a picture. The other pictures is with pasquale (standing next to me) and stefano the other man. They are seriously two of my favorite individuals. We are super short on time today but i am going to write you a letter with info on all of this anddddd i m going to try and print out pictures and send them to you so you can see them all. :) 






IM GOING TO ROME!!!!!!! 

okay so rome is divided into 6 zones. My zone is called Rome 1. This is like legitmate Rome. My area has the Vatican in it! annnddd what's even crazier is that is the only other area Sorella Argyle has served in. She was there before she came here with me to Battipaglia! Seriously its so crazy. Then my new companion's name is Sorella Cano. She is from Columbia but has lived in Italy for alot of her life. She doesn't speak english..... soooo i will be really improving my Italian haha. I dont leave Battipaglia Until Thursday!! So these days i am just trying to say goodbye to everyone I want to talk to and taking pictures and packing! Its really hard to say goodbye to the people. I cannot wait to bring you guys here. I seroiusly LOVE the people here. They are incredible. I'm so excited!! Its so hard to leave but it feels right and I am ready for something new. It is really sad to leave Sorella Argyle too...but ahh!!!! I cant wait for you to meet the people here. YOu will LOVE Them. 

No comments: