Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, July 30, 2015

Week 30 - Rome, July 6, 2015

Well this week was pretty cool! Let me tell you the highlights :)
1. Well Tuesday morning we woke up and sorella cano told me that the
night before she couldn't sleep so she was just laying there and she
heard me talking in my sleep...But I wasn't speaking in English...I
was talking in Italian in my sleep!! How nuts is that??! So crazy. I'm
pretty sure it was because I was dreaming we were doing street
finding... Kind of like when I used to dream anatomy while I slept....
Now I'm dreaming missionary work... Not super effective for sleeping
but I was pretty excited to hear I was speaking in Italian in my
sleep. Then we went to a district meeting and I seriously love our
district leader. He is just so so intune with the spirit and it's
awesome. He came in and said today I want to talk about when we hear
our leaders talk about faith and we feel like they tell us that we're
not hitting the numbers because we don't have enough faith and I'm
going to tell you that that is not the case. You have faith. And he
basically said that when you get sent to areas that are hard and
heartbreaking and no one listens you are not the people without
faith... But in fact the people with the strongest faith, faith enough
to handle that. People that get sent to missions where they see 40
baptisms... They need to see that. You are different. I cannot tell
you how much I needed to hear that. It was just such a breath of fresh
air. And I just felt like Heavenly Father was talking directly to me
because I had basically been sad about this exact thing for like a
week. It was super awesome.
2. We had a lesson in a post office... Haha
3. I went to the eye doctor and it was basically the least useful
thing ever. Well a) My prescriptions in both of my eyes are worse but
not like super bad... But I was really wanting to find a solution for
this whole close up thing and he basically told me I just need to move
things farther away from my face like an old person... Not super
helpful or effective. But whatever...
4. While we were coming back from the eye doctor i saw This woman on
the metro who was reading my tag and she was like what kind of
community are you from? And I was like well were the church of Jesus
Christ of Latter Day Saints or the Mormons. And she was like what time
is your church? And I was like uhh Sunday's from 9:30-12:30, and she
was like what's your phone number I would love to meet with you. And I
was like uhh... Okay here's our billitino, what's your number so we
can call you too? And she was like "oh I don't remember my number but
expect my call because I really want to talk to you". And I was like uh
"okay sweet". So then we left and like that was that. Now people tell us
they will call us all the time and then they forget and all that
stuff. But Then Saturday morning rolls around and she calls us, and is
like "is this sorella Kennedy"? And I was like uh ya, and she was like
"I'm Lydia from the metro, I told you id call! When are you free so we
can meet?" And I was basically just having a heart attack on the other
line that she legitimately called us back with the intention of
meeting. So we are meeting with her tonight in the church. Pretty
stinking nuts. So I'll keep you posted on that, it'll be super
interesting to talk to her.
5. We taught 3 lessons in one day. That was amazing... :) a new record for us!
6. Fun fact.... It's about 1000 degrees here with 110% humidity,
seriously. You walk outside and you're sweating. When I shower, I literally turn it on cold.
Because the only way to cool down is to do this. It's crazy. When we
come back we should come in the winter, because seriously it's like
Palm Springs WITH humidity.
7. We found another miracle. We felt like we should go to the hospital
to do finding. This may seem odd but it is listed in preach my gospel
as something to do so we've been meaning to do it literally for like
the whole transfer sooo.. Saturday we went. So we get to the hospital
and we go and ask the front desk woman if there is like a list where
we can sign up to talk to people or where people can call us if they
want to talk to someone religious, and she was like who are you? And
we were like we're the Mormons, and she was like oh my gosh.... The
Mormons... They used to come to my house years and years ago. I can't
believe you're here. And we were like "uh we can't believe it either...
Now we know why we came."  And so sorella cano told her that God had
sent us to her and this was not a coincidence and she was like "I know,
I can feel something inside my heart telling me that, it's this
feeling I can't describe, look I have goosebumps!" And we were like ya
that's the Holy Ghost telling you that this is good. And she was like
wow. And so then we got her number and she said she wanted to meet
with Us . We walked out of there and we're just like whoa. God is so
aware of his children.
8. Sooo yesterday we had this secret special conference in Rome for
just the Rome missionaries. One of the sorelle that is going home is
the granddaughter of elder cook, so her whole family came to pick her
up and he offered to do a fireside for the missionaries in Rome. So it
was like 50 of us and anziano cook in a Room. It was super cool. He
talked about a couple of different things but one of my favorites was
just that we don't need to worry so much about teaching exactly the
order of the lessons in preach my gospel. Like we need to listen to
the spirit and teach to our investigators and I just thought that was
cool because I've been feeling lately that sometimes we need to just
stop and like tell people that there is a loving Heavenly Father. Like
how much power and comfort can we as members feel from that message
alone? That we are literally spirit sons and daughters of a Heavenly
Father... Of a king, who loves us infinitely and perfectly. Just so so
cool. I feel like sometimes we get so wrapped up in teaching the
lessons that we forget that people need to hear that and understand
it. Even if they don't join the church, that knowledge alone can
change their life.
9. So at the conference I saw this elder couple that I had met when I
went to the mission office on Wednesday for my apt, and they had been
in battipaglia for 18 months before sorella argyle and I went and they
were here because they heard stefano was getting baptized and they
were super close to him and they can fly for free because of their
son's job so they came and I got to meet them which was super cool
because when we got there they were just like a legend. But anyway....so
at the conference I saw them again right after they had seen the
baptism on Saturday so I got to see pictures and everything and then
they said to me, sister Kennedy you are famous in Battipaglia. 

And that was just basically the coolest thing ever.
The woman gave me a huge hug and was just like I'm so glad that we met
you, we really feel like we know you, thank you for all you and
sorella argyle did for the people there. So that just was the best
thing ever.

No comments: