1. Last monday we had been finding in Salerno and could not talk to anyone... seriously what a pain. So then on our way back there was this woman sitting on a bench smoking and I was like im going to go talk to her... So we went up and I was like "hey we're missionaries and we want to share a message about Christ and the restored gospel and then she was like oh okay tell me more...and i was literally so stunned I didn't know what else to say because that hadn't ever happened and then Sorella Argyle took over and taught like a brief 1 minute summary of the restoration. IT WAS AWESOME!
2. On New Year's we did deep cleaning. After we were done our power went out... and then we thought it was the whole building and we couldnt get it to come back on so we waited for like 1.5 hour and then it still wasn't on so then we went over to our land lord, who is crazy, and realized that the power was out in just our apartment... (strange) and so then she helped us fix it and then she invited us (forced us) in to eat cake. So we go inside and then her son and his family are there and his wife started asking questions about the church and we taught a whole restoration lesson right there!! Like totally crazy and she said she wanted a Book of Mormon and then we were like okay we'll go get one right now... and then she said she wanted to meet with us again sometime!! THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. So were pretty sure our power went out so that we could go and meet her. :)
3. January 2nd was a whole day of miracles.
A while ago we called this old simpatizzante in the area book and asked if she was interested anymore. She said she was but was busy at the moment. Then early this week she texted us and was like hey can I pick you up on friday and you can come teach me? and we're like ya! So then this morning she texted us and was like could you come at like 3, I want my husband to be home so that you can teach him too. And we were like uh ya!..... we'll be there whenever you want! Then she texted us again like an hour later and was like "oh ya.. my moms going to be there too".. and i quote "we are really excited to listen to you". Ya.... just let that sink in for a moment.. WHAT?!!! We were freaking out. So we went over there and the husband ended up being busy but we talked to her and the mom and then the mom had to leave so we talked to her and she was just amazing. She LOVES Christ. Seriously loves him and was super interested in the church. She said that she would read the Book of Mormon and then ...... Sorella Argyle asked her if she received an answer if this church was true if she would be baptized and she said...YES. AHHHHHHH. So we are meeting with her again when she gets back from a trip she is going on to Milan to take a test for school.
4. We have been working really hard on a ward mission plan to help get the members excited about referrals and so we went to present it to the ward mission leader and he said it was awesome!!!! We were stoked because he is kind of intimidating and he liked it!! :)
5. Saturday night we did this thing called Jesso with the Anziani where someone draws something in the plazza like the plan of salvation or tree of life and then while people are gathered around it we talk to them about the gospel. So we did this and I was sooooo scared because I knew I was going to have to talk to people on my own... in italian... about the church. yikes. But i had started my fast for sunday for help with the language and I had prayed alot. So we went and the first person I tried to talk had been watching us for like 10 minutes, but when I starteed talking she didn't understand a lick of what i was saying.. lol. So then I invited Anizano Tingey to come talk more and she ended up giving him her address so she could meet with them!! Then after that the more I talked too, the better it got. I ended up talking to this father of a family and he and his wife seemed interested and then he gave me their number so we could call them and meet with them. WHAT. That was soooooo coool. I ended up having full conversations with 8 people, which was Huge and SUCH a blessing... actually more of a miracle. ;)
6. Alright last miracle... but its the craziest. So we are going about our chruch business as usual and then 2nd hour this lady just showed up and was like I wanted to come to church today, I live across the street. :O (thats a gasping emoji) So we ended up teaching a whole gospel principles class because the anziani had 2 investigators at church and we had 1... Whoa! Then she went through sacrament meeting which was really nice and then we asked if we could come meet with her later this week and she was like yes, how about today? and we were like uhhh... yes. of course. So we went over at 6 and talked to her and she is just a super neat lady. She is a beautiful painter. She said that she had been wanting to come to our church for years and this morning she just plucked up the courage and went. She said that she just feels as though something has been missing in her life and she wants to find it. We ended up teaching her how to pray and then about the book of mormon and she agreed to pray and read the introduction and we asked if we could meet with her again later this week and she said YES! and shes coming to our branch activity tomorrow!! WOOOOOO. what a blessing.
Other lesser but still miraculous events:
It snowed in battipaglia... THIS NEVER HAPPENS. In fact when we got here all of our english course students said that it never does. False. There was snow.
We were doing tracting one day and we felt like we should try using geneology as an approach.. so we rang one door bell and said we had a message about geneology and it worked!! She said we could come back at least.. then we found a woman on the street who wanted our number for geneology!!
We called 38 people one night. 8 of them answered. you can judge which part of this was a miracle.
We have reorganized the area book because it was a mess. But we have been reading scedas (information of old simps less actives, etc.) and it is amazing the love that I feel for these people I don't even know!! Heavenly father and Christ loves them SOO much. I just want to contact them all and tell them. It is such a privilage to get to feel a piece of gods love for his children because it truly is infinite!!
Anyways that was the week.
Lots of Love,