Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Monday, January 5, 2015

Week 2 Battipaglia, 12/22/2014


First Companion in Italy, Sister Argyle










Week two, just chilling here in the little town of Battipaglia! I actually feel much better than I expected I would. Sometimes I feel really achy in my heart because I miss you guys but I feel very peaceful, like I just know in my bones that this is where I'm supposed to be; which is a huge blessing and comfort because it keeps me grounded and not so anxious about not knowing what anyone is saying or about not being with you. 
This week was LONG. Seriously haha. There is little to no work here in Battipaglia so the days consist of a lot of walking and little to no success. My trainer said that the first few weeks feel really long and then getting blown in (this means that they are both new to the area and no previous missionaries remain) is even worse. So thats been really hard...I have missed you guys a really really lot this week. Its been hard and sad for me. But I read the letters you wrote me all the time and the ones I keep in my secret jacket pocket when I am sad.
Its pretty hard and scary sometimes. You feel very small. But I carry you guys with me everywhere I go. In fact I know that that has been something heavenly father has blessed me with because I can feel you guys with me alot of the time and whenever we travel places or go somewhere and my heart misses you guys I can feel you with me and makes the ache a little less. 

Miracle of the week was that we spent like 2 days making goodie bags for our ward and less actives because theres only like 13 active people so we figured it would be a good way to get referals, let the ward know we care and such. So we had had no success all week. No one wanted to see us. None of the old simps of the old investigators wanted to see us. nada. So we started our fast and then we set off to go deliver our first batch of treats. We went to the first woman who was active and she gave us a referal without us even asking. That was crazy. Then we went and visited and moral of the story is we got let in to 2 less active's houses and they want us to come back and we shared a spiritual thought with them. IT WAS A MIRACLE. Seriously! I prayed and prayed "thank you" to the Lord because I really needed that.

My apartment is... nice... haha the sorellae before did not clean well...like at all...so we are constantly cleaning trying to get it less yucky... but we did some serious mopping and disenfecting today and that helped ALOT. The weather is good; kinda of cold and today its thunder-storming. But its so beautiful and sick... like i love it. My companion is sweet. She's kind of quiet and introverted but is super neat when she starts talking and shes really loving and smart and just good. She's really cool. 
[asked how are the mission presidents....her response] 
The waddoups are funny, super laughing and joking and kind. They're kind of intimidating but they care alot about the work and about the missionaries which is awesome. 


No comments: