Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Friday, November 27, 2015

Week 52 - Rome, Italy 11/2/2015

Man what a week I have to tell you all about!!
Okay first off... We have a baptism date!! But the best part of this...
This woman only speaks Spanish! Literally and she barely understands
Italian... So drumroll please... We taught this lesson in half
Spanishn! Yes people.. The gift of tongues is so real. It was crazy!
Seriously I understood all of what she was telling to us and it was so
incredible!! Heavenly Father really can work amazing wonders in
helping you understand people when it needs to happen. So the super
cool thing was that I wanted to invite her to be baptized but
I wanted to say it in her language so she'd understand me, so I 
started reading it, but of course I'm making a mess of it and she
looks and me and finishes the bap invite for her self and then she
says yes!!! Haha she literally finished my phrase! It was awesome!!!
So so so incredible. We are praying hard for her :)

Okay next! This week I hit a year in the mission!! What??! Is this
real life? Sure doesn't feel like it... It's so crazy how time has
gone by. It's been so long yet so short. I can't believe it haha but I
really do love the mission and I'm learning so so much everyday.
Something that has been really incredible in this last week is seeing
how much the Lord is aware of where we are. 

My scripture this next week is alma 26:16--16 Therefore, let us glory,

yea, we will glory in the Lord; yea, we will rejoice, for our joy is
full; yea, we will praise our God forever. Behold, who can glory too
much in the Lord? Yea, who can say too much of his great power, and of
his mercy, and of his long-suffering towards the children of men?
Behold, I say unto you, I cannot say the smallest part which I feel.
I loved this because sometimes that is how I feel when I think about
how much the savior loves the people of Italy and therefore how much I
love them and how seriously much I want to share the joy and love and
light that comes from having a personal relationship with Jesus and
Heavenly Father.

Really this has been such an

amazing amazing experience, this has been just like ahh life changing.
I couldn't imagine not coming here. Ya I really feel so so grateful every day that I came. It is literally
most amazing thing ever, just like you said life altering! I think all of it.. Like I feel like I've learned a lot about myself
here. Also just the people I've known and loved here, I mean I just will never
forget the people I've met here and the examples I've seen of members
and then also just having the opportunity to see people's lives change
because of the gospel. Also it's super neat because I feel like
my testimony has been strengthened in so many ways. I mean I'm not
like going to be crazy and claim, like some people that, "you just can't
have a real testimony if you don't go on a mission," (not true at all)
but i feel like I myself have gotten to feel and know the Savior in
very unique and beautiful ways. Also it is incredible to see how happy
sharing the gospel makes you. I never expected to feel like that but I
seriously wake up and am just so excited to tell someone and invite
people to listen to our message. 
Ya it's super cool, i really feel just so incredible blessed to be
here. I feel so grateful that Heavenly Father pushed it and
pushed me to come because I really feel like this was a journey that
my life needed to take to become the person I'm supposed to be or have
the experiences that I need to have and line everything else up with
all of that. Ya it was pretty cool Sorella cano told me that in her
interview with president she said she was discouraged because she felt
like she hadn't seen very much success and he asked her in return 1.
Did you learn something in the mission? 2. Did your testimony grow? 3.
Are you a different and better person? And she answered yes to all and
then he said this is true success.  I just thought that was super
cool.




















No comments: