1. We went to Rome for Capi (leader) conference because Sorella Argyle is the Sister Training Leader for the Napoli Zone (yes... she is amazing) and so she had training so I got hang out with Sorella Reber from the MTC because her companion is the sister trainng leader for Rome!
2. We went to visit this woman who owns a bakery in Battipaglia who since we've got here we wanted to be friends with. So for christmas we gave her a copy of Joy to the World which is like a 30 minute DVD of the nativity with the Mo Tab singing in the backround. So then we didn't really think to much of it but we felt like we should visit her the other day and so we came in to say hi and she and her husband were the only ones in the store and so we started taking and she was like "Oh ya we watched that video you gave us, it was beautiful thank you!" and we were like... Wait you actually watched it?!... haha so then we got talking about the church more and ended up talking about the BOM and the family and they were super interested so we gave them a copy of the BOM and a Proclamation to the family. and thennnnn they gave us the most DELICIOUS dessert i have eaten here in Italy and maybe ever in my life for FREE! We fed them spiritually and they fed us physically and it was fantastic:)
3. Sooo.. we got locked out of our apartment...
We had come home for the day and were grabbing our trash to take downstairs for the garbage man the next day. So our door locks automatically when you close it and usually i have my keys in my pocket. So we leave and come back and i realize that i do not have my keys and neither does Sorella Argyle... So after the initial panic set in and we said alot of prayers and kicked and wiggled our door as much as possible we realized we were stuck. So then we left to go get assitance from this family we know and so we asked for a screwdriver and tried to take the lock off.. this didn't work. Meanwhile this sweet mom of this family started talking to another one of the neighbors and they're trying to calll our land lord who is out of town. So nothings working so we call the anziani who come over and are trying to jimmy the door open with pamphlets and credit cards and thats not working so then they go upstairs and ask the man who lives above us if they can scale down from his balcony on to ours and hes like... no. (he was being responsible... he told us later haha) but then he comes to help us and then the fire department shows up because the mom downstairs had called the son of our land lord who apprently is part of the fire department. So he comes and the FD spends probably 5-7 minutes trying to open our door with this special paper and there like banging our door till it is like almost breaking and then finally we made it in... AND THEN they leave and we go to check our keys in the door and realize that the lock on the outside is BROKEN. so we are now locked from the inside out of our house because the door locks automatically when you close it. hahaha so we spent the next day locked inside of our house until this hero member from our branch came and replaced our lock
4. We taught our lady investigator the plan of salvation and she said she wanted to believe that families could be together forewever and she could see that we knew/believed it 100%. We promised her that she had the ability to know for herself. This is a beautiful thing about being a missionary and have a testimony of this gospel. You have the power to promise people that they can gain a testimony for themselves of eternal truths and peace bringing principles that this gospel has to offer.
5. Spiritual Food for Thought:
1 nephi 21:16
1 nephi 22:25
Over and over again in the scriptures this week I read about how important we are to the lord. Vs. 16 says we are engraved in his hands. Through the atonement we became a part of him, our stories, our joys, our pains are written on his hands. I love vs. 25 because it just says that he numbers his sheep. I mean you think of things that are important enough to you that you've numbered and kept track of and you are one of those for the lord. He always knows where you are and when you are missing he notices to. He always wants to find you again and bring you back to his pasture. I love this image of finding pasture too because when you think of a pasture you just think tranquil and sunny and prefectly green grass and everything is just peaceful and safe and that's what the Savior's fold/arms has to offer you and thats where he wants you to be. Its just soo comforting and amazing. Love YOu all
Sorella Kennedy :)
|Lots of rain in Battipaglia!|
|Sister Argyle and I hiding from the rain....she is awesome!!|
|UMMM.....Ya! There is some decent food here!|
|What can i say......sometimes we just get tired.......or locked out;)|
|We could not have the sign for the church so dirty........|