Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, November 27, 2014

Week 4 MTC




The more I've been here the more I feel like it is a privilege that I got to be here. This is such sacred work, to be a missionary. You get to experience a piece of what Christ did. Just like being a mother is sacred, so is being a missionary. You get to have the power of God behind you to bring people Salvation, and ultimate happiness with their families forever!!  Such a joyous beautiful thing.

The language is coming slowly but surely. We only speak Italian in class now, which is hard, but it pushes us to think more in Italian. Before we could answer in English or ask questions in English but now only Italian. Its hard and scary. I am so excited for Christmas in ROME. I can't even believe it!!! AHHh. I'm sooo excited to leave but also scared. But I think it will be nice because I think time will pass quicker and I'll get to see the fruits of why I'm here more.

I leave for Rome in 2 weeks. I get my travel plans I think this Friday. 
Something cool…I started doing this thing with some of the other sisters in the zone and the anziani (elders)...We have this track we run around and 10 laps is a mile. So you have a partner and then you have another set of partners and you run a lap and then while the other pair is running you are doing sit-ups or wall sits or planking while the others are running the lap so its like a relay and you’re sprinting around the track. I did that 2x this week and we did 16 running laps!! it was so hard but it was soooooo good.:) 

This week was a lot of Studying!!  Nothing too crazy to report. I did join the Choir though!! We got to sing for Dallin H. Oaks because he came and spoke to us on Tuesday! So that was super cool! Then we get to be in the choir for thanksgiving and were singing Come Thou Fount and we think there’s gonna be a REALLY big speaker coming in because they’re making a super big deal about it. 


Something coool that I've been thinking about stemmed from a scripture that my companion shared with me from Mosiah 20:11
11 And it came to pass that the people of Limhi began to drive the Lamanites before them; yet they were not half so numerous as the Lamanites. But they fought for their lives, and for their wives, and for their children; therefore they exerted themselves and like dragons did they fight.

This scripture was seriously just so empowering!! Its just like missionaries. We are not as numerous as the opposing team but we are fighting for the lives of those we love (because I already love those people in Italy) and we’re fighting for people’s families and for truth and righteousness and with the Lord on our team we can fight like DRAGONS. Booo- yaaaa. 
The lord really does help us become real life superheroes. We are small and just individuals who have a desire to do good and then we get the power of the Lord behind us and we can do ANYTHING. It's like when Spiderman is almost going to get killled by the green goblin or Superman is encased in kryptonite. They always use their last bit of strength to come through. When we’re in life and we are fighting are hardest and we are at our lowest and we don't know if we can keep going the Lord will give us our extra bit of strength to push through. He is our superpower and we are the justice league of missionaries. :)
Anyway... sorry nothing too exciting this week! 
Love you, 

Sorella Kennedy. 


No comments: