Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, November 20, 2014

Hey! So we had a pretty awesome day today! let me tell you why....So we had this thing called TRC, which is where we teach real life members of the church that are italian that have come to the MTC as volunteers.  I was so nervous cuz these people actually speak italian and we didn't know anything about them, we just had to prepare a 20 minute  lesson and teach  So I kept thinking that  we needed to teach about how we can find answers to questions we have in the scriptures. So I told Sorella Reber and she was like "sure"! So we planned and prepared for that and we went in and this guy was speaking Italian so fast I think I understood 1 of every 30 words he said. He was telling us this whole schpeal, I had very little idea what it was about, but i felt like I needed to share with him that before the MTC I hadn't really studied the Book of Mormon and hadn't really felt like could connect to it.  But since being here I could testify that  you can find answers to the questions you have when you  read them[scriptures] and that they[scriptures] are truly the words of the prophets of God.  The spirit was so strong and then we challenged him to read with a question in his heart and faith to receive an answer  and he was like I will! So then when we got out, Sorella Reber who understands more than me, said that he had been wondering if he should serve a mission and he knew the church was true but wasn't really all that excited about it.  That was my story too!!  Ahhh!.....It was all the spirit! so so cool.

The second spiritual moment of the day was we were going into teach our investigator Keyla (aka one of our teachers) and we had planned to teach her the plano disalvezzi (aka the plan of salvation) We literally had been planning this lesson for like 3 days and we walked in and started talking to her and she was like "does God answer prayers and does God help us know what to do with big decisions?" and immediately I knew we were not supposed to teach the plan of salvation, we needed to testify of the Book of Mormon and that God answers prayers! So we taught the first lesson about joseph Smith and how he received an answer from his prayer and we can do the same! The spirit was Multo Forte (very powerful). Sorella Reber and I were just so in sync. I asked about the B of M and Sorella new exactly where the lesson needed to go.  It was awesome.  Our investigator started crying! It was a beautiful thing.  Other fun note....we taught another teacher today at the TRC and he saw our last investigator later after we had taught her and she said our lesson really touched her and that we were so prepared and she was so happy we taught her b/c what we had to say really touched her - So pretty much today was a spiritually giant day.  The Lord was hard at work.  

Another note.....it started snowing in utah today WHOA!!! It's so pretty but so cold.  

No comments: