Italy

Italy

Hailey

Hailey

Contacting Hailey

Email: You can email me ANYTIME at:
hailey.kennedy@myldsmail.net
I can only respond once a week on our day off....so if I don't respond quickly that is why. Thanks:)
Any cards, packages or letters can be sent to:
Sorella Hailey Kennedy
Italy Rome Mission
Piazza Carnaro, 20
00141 Rome, Italy




Thursday, July 30, 2015

Week 33 - Rome, 7/27/2015

Hello family!!
Well this week was another week in Rome I guess you could say. Haha
let me give you the haps
So first on Monday we had a family home evening with one of our Simps,
(he's having a hard time progressing because he's not doing anything
we ask) but we watched the restoration video of Joseph smith together
with a member and it was so so so awesome. Seriously. It is crazy the
spirit that comes when you say the first vision in the words of Joseph
smith. Like literally... It is so strong. So the video finishes and he
was clearly touched and he looked at us and he says wow, that was was
fantastic, really beautiful!! And then we all bore really strong
testimony of the prophet and how we know that everything that we just
watched really did happen. It was super cool, and the you could tell
he was really touched.
Then we have this other dude that's a simp, and he's not who you would
immediately think would be interested in the church, but he's reading
the Book of Mormon and praying and sincerely wants to find out if this
church is true!  Anyway...... so then this week we asked
if him if he knew that these things were true if he would be baptized
and drumroll..... He said yes!!! But then when we tried to set a date
with him he said he wasn't ready... So we wait on that but he said yes
so that was awesome!!
Then we were pretty bummed this week because we had set up this whole
thing to have the Bulgarian woman that we met be taught by Skype. And
I cannot explain to you what a like big deal this was, and like ugh
everyone was pulling for it all to come together and it finally did
and then we are going to the appointment with her and she says to us,
no I don't want to hear them anymore, I don't understand them, I need
to leave right now. Just totally one 100% shut down... And we were
just like... MANAGGA... (That's dang it in Italian) so
that was a bummer... But idk there was some reason that we did it
all... Maybe in the future she'll remember and will be ready.
And finally we got to meet with the woman who we found at the
information desk of the hospital this week! And it was awesome....
Seriously. So we started by giving her a tour of the church because
she had never been to a Mormon church before. And she walked in and
said, I'm excited. Ummm music to my ears. Then after that we sat down
and taught the restoration and as is said the first vision she looked
at my with eyes just so big like she was soaking in every thing and
after she told us that she believed it was true, she said she could
feel it when we said the first vision! WOOO!!! Then after we finished
we told her that in the next lesson we would explain the questions
where did we come from, why are we here, and where are we going and
how God has a plan for each one of us... And she was like wow how
beautiful, once again with eyes just in disbelief and awe. Ahh it was
so so so so cool. The spirit was touching her heart so hard and it was
so amazing to get to see.
In other news... I went to an orthopedic surgeon this week and he told
me that my sacroiliac joint is out of place... So we went to the
chiropractor and he did basically the lightest adjustment I've ever
experienced, and then told me to come back in 3 days. I'm going back
tomorrow and we will see what happens, I'm still in a significant
amount of pain, and so the nurse told me to ask him again what I can
do to help it... I don't have a huge amount of trust in him.. But,
we'll see. Other than that I've been a little frustrated with the fact
that I'm in pain and can't do things a lot of the time... Ugh. So
annoying. You know me and I hate not being able to do things, I
usually would just go on, but I'm trying to be smart and not dumb, so
you should be proud of me for that.
But I found this SICK talk that I wanted to share with you.
It's called Man Down, by president eyring. Here's the part I liked

“Almost all of us have seen a battlefield portrayed in a film or read
the description in a story. Over the din of explosions and the shouts
of soldiers, there comes a cry, ‘Man down!’
“When that cry sounds, faithful fellow soldiers will move toward the
sound. Another soldier or a medic will ignore danger and move to the
injured comrade. … Whatever the risk, someone will run low or crawl to
get there in time to protect and give aid. … The histories of such
groups are full of stories of those loyal men who were determined that
no man would be left behind. …“… Our comrades are being wounded in the
spiritual conflict around us.
“… You are under covenant to go to a spiritually wounded child of God.
You are responsible to be brave enough and bold enough not to turn
away.”
Ahh i just loved that. I think about that a lot out here in the
mission. We really are on the front lines of the battle, and it's
our job to rescue those who are out lost in the field. Just about
Everything about being a missionary is uncomfortable, scary, and
hard... But it's a battle and there are not only other people relying
on you to rescue them but the Lord your Sargent is counting on you to keep the
pact you made to help him help them. So even when you are scared, or
tired, or there is risk of pride or comfort, you push forward, because
you need to find the people that are screaming "man down."

Love you nerds!!
P.s. I love my videos!! I got all of them :)))) you guys rock. Thank
you thank you! I'll try and go pick up my package to!! Im soooo
excited!!!!!!

No comments: